If you are unable to read Hindi script on a Macintosh Computer, please install
the Code2000 font. Click on the link to the left to download these
Here is how to download and install this font on a Macintosh Computer:
- Visit Code2000 Font Download Page
Control-Click on the Download Code2000 link at the bottom of that page. To do a Control-Click, hold down the
Control key and then click on the link. On the menu that appears, click
'Open in New Window.'
If you are asked, Choose to Save the file and choose the desktop of your Mac as
the location to save the file.
In MacOS Snow Leopard (and perhaps other versions), a download window will pop up. When it is finished downloading, it will automatically de-compress the file and create a new folder. Double-click on that folder.
- Double-click on the main drive on your desktop.
Open the Applications folder.
Double-click on the Font Book icon. The Font Book window will open.
Drag the Code2000.ttf font file from the folder you opened above into the center column of the Fontbook window.
You should now be able to view Hindi characters in your browser window.
Once these fonts are installed, you should be able to view Hindi text with no
difficulty in this browser window. You should see Hindi text below. If
you cannot view them, please use the Email Us form to explain your
circumstances and we will try to assist you further.
globalreach.org मे आपका स्वागत है।
Help for PC/Windows Computers
GlobalReach.org is set to automatically load the Hindi fonts into your browser in case you do not have Hindi fonts installed.
Make sure you have activated "Complex Scripts" on Windows computers. This alone may solve your problem:
Installing Complex Scripts and East Asian Languages
- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Double-click Regional and Language Options
- Click on the Languages Tab
- If you desire to install Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Thai, Vietnamese, or any of the Indic languages, check the “Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages” box.
- If you desire to install Chinese, Japanese or Korean language files, check the “Install files for East Asian languages” box.
- Click OK
- Click “Yes” to restart the computer so that the settings can take effect.
Some security settings may ask you if you want to download this font file. Please answer "OK" or "Yes" for the best formatting of your Hindi text. Our font files end with a file extension of .eot or .ttf
Some browsers may not load these fonts and will not display Hindi characters unless you have a Hindi font installed. If this is the case, you should install
the Code2000 font.
Here is how to install the Code2000 font on Windows XP:
- Visit Code2000 Font Download Page
- Right-Click on the Download Code2000 link at the bottom of that page. On the menu that appears, click
'Save Target as...' or 'Save Link as...'
If you are asked, Choose to Save the file and choose the desktop of your PC as the location to save the file. You may choose to save it at another location, if you wish.
Double-Click Code2000.zip file
- Click the 'Extract' button.
- Click the 'OK' button in the dialog box that pops up. It will then extract the files to your desktop (or other preferred location).
Click the Start button
Click to open the Control Panel.
Double-click on 'Fonts'
Drag the Code2000.ttf font file from your desktop (or other location)into the Fonts window.
- You should now be able to view Hindi characters in your browser window.
If this does not help you, please restart your computer and try again. If you still are unable to view the Hindi text, please use the Email Us form to explain your circumstances and we will try to assist you further.